Summary: Somehow, through some kind of accident, Harry and Snape are magically bound so they cannot be more than, say, twenty feet apart (distance can be adjusted at the author's discretion).
Obviously this will cause a few problems if Voldemort is summoning Snape to Death Eater meetings.
Can be during any of the first six books.
- The two arguing a lot
- A disastrous attempt for Harry to play Quidditch with Snape tailing him
- Dumbledore predicting that the two will have killed each other within a week
- Some kind of eventual resolution between them before the bond is broken
- One finding out something unexpected about the other (unexpected for readers as well, i.e. not typical for stories on this site, though you could have some of those revelations as well if you want)
- Manipulative/not very nice Dumbledore
- no slash
In most fanfics, Snape always goes on and on about Harry being just like his father, consented by Dumbledore, and has no regard for others' well being...
What if all of that were true?
Harry's enemies and allies must be within the student body, and only CANON characters. No OCs accepted.
Summary: What if Harry Potter was just like Hermione? Brainy, bossy, and a Know-It-All. He'd rather read a book, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, and Herbology magazines, than go on any kind of adventure. How would Snape react to him, how would the Gryffindor's react to their savior being a Know-It-All who is demanding them to do their homework, hates Quidditch, loves the Library, and later on tries to free House Elves because he believes that they're enslaved. Harry and Hermione friendship is a must in this story, along with Gryffindor trouble, and Dumbledore attempting to put Harry's life in danger.
Summary: Severus is Harry's bio dad and had a relationship with Lily. Severus does something that Harry considers incredible or cool in a fight or battle situation and says, "I thought you were teacher?" Severus answers, "Part time." At some point Severus uses the phrase, "That was before I found out I'm your father!"
Yeah, I was watching Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull lol
Summary: James and Severus are best friends... and Severus is Lily's brother...On the Halloween night (when Harry is one) Lily dies trying to save Harry but James survives... Severus and James take care of Harry together..
Summary: Latest in the row of DADA teachers is this lovely lady whom Ron develops a crush on. Malfoy and the other Slytherins appear to know her pretty well and act really familiar with her. Ron tries to find out as much as possible about her with help from Harry and Hermione, only to be told by Pansy that the new DA teacher is Snape's longtime girlfriend.
Harry's good at DA and the new teacher likes Harry (he's one of her best students). Eventually War breaks out between Snape and his girlfriend - Points war: she awards Harry as many points as Snape deducts. They come to brink of break up when Harry intervenes - why is it that he messes up everything that he touches when around Snape? He is going to help them. Ron is hoping for the break-up and Hermione is helping Harry prevent it in jealousy over Ron. The rest of the school is having fun.
Summary: Remus has become a trusted mentor to Harry during Harry's third year, teaching Harry the Patronus charm and telling him about his parents. Severus Snape is either jealous of the relationship, or angry about it and worried about Harry's safety. Perhaps both. What is he going to do about it? Punish them, or try to lure Harry away? How far will he go?
One of the things I've noted concerning Sevitus and Severitus fanfiction is that Harry's original parents - Lily and James - are often marginalized, ignored, or even demonized in order to make Snape look better. In fact, the same applies to other living authority figures in Harry's life. Look at all of the stories where Dumbledore is made evil seemingly without any reasoning except to toss him in Severus's care.
My challenge is to write a fic where James (or James AND Lily) wanted Harry in Severus's care if he/they died. Somehow this information was lost, garbled, misunderstood... or suppressed.
The fact that Harry's parents wanted this might ease a lot of the Gryffindor's initial objections to being cared for by his hated Potions professor.
Additional parameters (optional):
1) The story should take place when Harry is school-age or older, not before he ever realizes he's even a wizard, or hears about his parents for the first time.
2) The Dursleys are really quite abusive enough in canon!
3) The reason the Potters wanted to give Harry to Severus should not involve his feelings for Lily... or at least that's not the primary reasoning. It might be one of the reasons the Potters would ever think he'd agree to it.
4) Please don't solely involve Lily in the decision. I think it reads as much more interesting if James suggests it or pushes for it. If this isn't possible with your version of James, then he should at least agree wholeheartedly that it's the right thing to do.
5) Lupin should be involved. Perhaps he's fighting Harry staying with Snape; perhaps he's the one who holds the key to the Potters' message.
Summary: Harry becomes seriously, or chronically ill during one of his Hogwarts years (before HBP). Snape is the one to help him in some way, because he has been through it himself. As symptoms continue to reoccur, can they learn to like each other?
Powered by eFiction 3.3