Summary: Harry is mistakenly believed to be dead, some years before Hogwarts. How and why are up to you. With the Boy Who Lived—and more importantly, Lily’s only child—supposedly out of the picture, Severus has been struggling to carry on. Until Harry turns up alive, shortly before he is due to begin Hogwarts.
- Depressed!Snape at the very least.
- A reasonable reaction to Harry being alive—no jumping straight into canon!Snape.
- A realistic explanation for Harry being alive without the wizarding world aware of it
- At some point, Harry discovers (through any means) just how much his ‘death’ affected Severus.
- Preferably a good relationship with Severus from the beginning
- Muggle (not Dursley)-raised Harry
- Mentor Severus, either voluntarily or out of necessity
- Harry spending some time at Hogwarts prior to the start of term
- Harry having a perfect childhood—he can have a nice family by all means, but angst too, please.
- Character bashing
Summary: Snape becomes Harry's head of house, either of Gryffindor or it can be a new house if the four house system is annulled and replaced. This must take place any time after first year (not at the original sorting). Snape needs to be a strict, parental, and responsible head of house who really looks after his charges. He must help Harry especially some way. Harry could for example be: raped, abused, depressed, cutting himself, suicidal etc.
Summary: In honor of the latest "suspended" message when the Potions and Snitches website was down: Harry is suspended from something... school, quidditch, a class, the ministry? What happened, and what role does Snape have in this?
Summary: The Hogwarts' age versions of Lily and Severus have somehow come in contact with Harry and have discovered his situation at home with the Dursleys, with Sirus and/or at Hogwarts.
They desperately attempt to protect, to guide, and to change the child's future and parentage. Now only if they could get an older Severus to help them.
During Sirius’s rescue in PoA, something goes wrong. Sirius still escapes but several days later Aurors come to arrest Hermione Granger and Harry Potter for aiding the fugitive, while Dumbledore is suspected too. The catch – somebody has seen them.
Now Harry and Hermione are expecting a trial while most of the world has turned against them. They are forbidden all contact with Dumbledore and several others; the lawyer appointed to them by the Ministry is uninterested and their only chance is in the one visitor they are allowed to choose from a special list. After a lot of arguing, they choose Snape (one of the three Hogwarts teachers there). Will Snape be able to find the person who tipped of the Ministry? Will he be able to overcome his hate for Sirius, prove his innocence and save the Gryffindoors before it is too late?Bonus points:
1) Umbridge + Skeeter in any forms
2) Sirius X Severus confrontations, with eventual peacemaking
3) The reactions of their classmates and the wizarding world (who hate Sirius as the Death-Eater he supposedly is)
4) Harry +Hermione learns about Snape being a Death Eater after choosing him
5) The abusive-Dursleys situation is somehow presented at the court
6) Dementors and emotional distress :)
Summary: Harry is somehow responsible for Severus Snape going to Azkaban for a crime that he did not commit (but that Harry THINKS he did). When the truth finally comes out years later and Snape is released Harry must deal with the consequences.
Summary: In canon, Harry Potter is often said to be almost a clone of his father. What if he looked much more like his mother? Maybe as much as a male version of her. Would Snape treat him differently?
Summary: Write a fic in which Severus Snape actually accepts Dumbledore's offer of a lemon drop. You can use any reason you wish, but he must actually put it in his mouth. Have fun! :-)
Summary: In the Wizarding world, children belong to their fathers. In an effort to save her son, Lily gives him over to his birth father, Severus Snape or somehow he finds out about his son and takes him, before Voldemort attacks. This story should have Neville as the BWL and possibly Dark Harry. Keep Snape as in character as possibly, not all warm and fuzzy.
Powered by eFiction 3.3