- Post-DH w/o Epilogue
- Snape does not have to know that he was Harry's biological father before he dies
- Memories, portraits, journals, wills, etc. are expected as a means of revelation/confrontation.
Summary: Harry finds out Snape was his biological father AFTER Snape dies.
Summary: Harry knows he is Snape's son before Hogwarts. Snape doesn't.
Must Contain: Abusive Dursleys
Summary: Voldemort finds out that Harry is one of his Horcruxes. Now Voldemort wants Harry more than ever, but to keep safe.
When did voldemort find out? Did Snape tell him? Does Voldemort want Harry dead, or will Voldemort want Harry to turn to his side? Will Snape keep Harry from Voldemort, or deliver him?
Summary: Someone leaves a baby on Harry's doorstep. Whose baby is it? What does Harry do? How is Snape involved?
Summary: Harry is depressed and standing in a graveyard at night before or during 5th year. Who should spy him but Snape? He notices Harry is wearing nasty ragged shoes. What happens? How long is the story? You decide, it's all up to you. NO SLASH.
Summary: Dumbledore, concerned that Severus keeps everything bottled up, manages to convince him to keep a diary. At some point, Harry reads it or part of it.
- Realistic standard of protective charms on the diary--this is Snape we are talking about, he wouldn't just leave his secrets lying around
- Lily mentioned in some form in the diary
- Biological relation
- Severus' spy role discovered (depending on where in canon this set)
- Character bashing
- Nothing changing between Harry and Severus once he's read the diary
Summary: Severus is made into Harry's slave by some means. Doesn't mean he has to accept it.
Summary: One fateful day in Muggle London, Severus is pick-pocketed by a hungry, abused and abandoned Harry Potter, who is eight. He catches the boy and brings him back to Spinner's End and plans to contact Dumbledore. Eventual Severus adopts Harry fic.
Summary: Somehow, through some kind of accident, Harry and Snape are magically bound so they cannot be more than, say, twenty feet apart (distance can be adjusted at the author's discretion).
Obviously this will cause a few problems if Voldemort is summoning Snape to Death Eater meetings.
Can be during any of the first six books.
- The two arguing a lot
- A disastrous attempt for Harry to play Quidditch with Snape tailing him
- Dumbledore predicting that the two will have killed each other within a week
- Some kind of eventual resolution between them before the bond is broken
- One finding out something unexpected about the other (unexpected for readers as well, i.e. not typical for stories on this site, though you could have some of those revelations as well if you want)
- Manipulative/not very nice Dumbledore
- no slash
Summary: During Harry's first year, it is apparent that Voldemort is hiding somewhere at Hogwarts, and Harry is sent home for safety whilst the school and grounds are searched.
Snape is the one who is asked to escort Harry there and back. Remember, at this point, Harry believes Snape is the one in league with Voldemort.
- The Dursleys discovering Harry can't do magic
- Snape's illusions of Harry's pampered life shattering
- Harry scared that Snape will take the opportunity to bump him off away from Dumbledore
- Snape having to spend some time at Privet Drive with Harry
- Dursleys being too scared of Snape to do anything awful to Harry
- Manipulative/not very nice Dumbledore
- No slash
Summary: Snape makes Harry believe he is his father.
When they meet, something gives Harry that impression, and Snape goes along with it.
After they have known each other some time, Harry gets amnesia/Confunded/something along those lines, and somehow ends up believing Snape is his dad.
- Snape does not correct him, letting him believe the lie for whatever reason
- If the second variation, they have to have known each other at least a year and a half
- Snape still loves Lily
- Whilst under the pretence, Snape does or says something that, once Harry knows the truth, helps him realise Snape has grown to care for him
- Harry figuring it out
- Someone else realising what is going on and stepping in
- Snape having a crisis of conscience and admitting the truth
- Harry being very very angry either way
- The two being in some kind of isolation to make finding out the truth harder
- Snape did not plan in advance, but takes advantage of a situation
- Snape is NOT Harry's bio dad; it HAS to be a lie
- No Harry finding out it is a lie before any kind of bonding has a chance to take place
- No Manipulative/not-very-nice!Dumbledore
- No character bashing
- No slash
Summary: Dumbledore's information is wrong. He leaves Harry at 4 Privet Drive, but it's not the Dursleys that live there. McGonagall either wasn't watching, or didn't know it wasn't the Dusleys she was observing. The current residents contact the previous residents (the Dursleys), who either say they don't want Harry or deny any knowledge of his existence. They decide to raise him themselves. The new residents of Privet Drive can be canon or crossover characters, but not OCs.
Powered by eFiction 3.3