Quote Inspiration - To Prompt the Mind by Drayconette
A single melody, word, or picture can inspire the strongest feelings and memories.
The only requirements are to use at least one of the following quotes/song lyrics/etc. for inspiration. They can be one-shot chapters, or a story with each quote for a different chapter. No pre-Hogwarts please.
- -> Lily's Eyes, from the Secret Garden (replace hazel with emerald, and girl with boy: no girl-Harry fics)
- -> "O Child, can't you hear what love your father bears you? He is certainly proving the enemy of those he should love. - Like the rest of the world. Are you only now learning that every man loves himself more than his neighbor?" Paraphrased from Euripides' Medea (I suggest this for a father/son fic)
- -> What I've Done, by Linkin Park (probably for Snape)
- -> "What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of [truth and right, or power and lies]?" by Gandhi
- -> "We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone." Orson Wells
- ->"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." by L.B. Smedes
- -> Uprising, by Muse [probably against the Ministry, perhaps with House Elves, other magical creatures, muggleborns, etc.]