Brothers, Half-twins by Hephzibah06
- Write a story that focuses on Snape, Black, Harry, and Ron Weasley.
- Ignoring canon after book four, start your story in the summer of 5th, 6th, or 7th year.
- Everyone knows at least about Peter Pettigrew being still alive, thus Black is a free man right from the start of your fiction.
- Black’s mother - who is still alive, but soon to die of an illness - asks him to visit her in St. Mungo’s. Where she tells Black that he has a half-twin from a rape she was victim of, before she knew she was expecting Sirius. Thus, she and Mr. Black, not wanting to keep a child that reminded her of an awful event, and he not the half-twin’s father gave Sirius’ twin to a distraught young witch who just had had a stillborn that same evening.
- Severus Snape is that half-twin. Although he already knows about Sirius being his half-twin. How much longer Snape has known is for you the writer to decide.
- Sirius is furious to be related to Snape, but after some thinking or convincing from Lupin decides to take up the DADA position at Hogwarts to get to know Snape better. It cannot be a quick forgive and forget for ether character.
- The start of Christmas brake brings the bombshell, somehow Black discovers that Snape’s father was Tom Marvolo Riddle also known as Voldemort. Does Snape know this too? You decide. Who never made a horcruxe, or did not try to make one until after he heard the prophecy in 1980-81.
- Snape does, unconsciously at least, know that calling his dark master anything but the Dark Lord WILL draw attention to himself, even in Hogwarts, because of his - Bone tie - to Voldemort and Tom Jr.
- Voldermort was the son of Tom Riddle Junior; who was the son Tom Riddle Senor; who was the son of a squib bitter mother; who was one of three to five children of a happily married Dumbledore.
- Mrs. Black is a 2nd great grand-daughter of Dumbledore, through one of his other children, as well.
- Dumbledore knows or has suspected Snape being his 3rd great grandson through Voldermort and made himself Snape’s Godfather at some point.
- Another secret Mrs. Black tells is that the Prophecy is really about Snape. Severus was born at 11:45pm July 31st 1960...to one who has thrice defied the him. Mrs. Black was never a true follower of Voldemort do to his raping her, thus ruining Voldermort’s plans secretly when she could.
- The night that Snape delivered the first half of the prophecy in 1980-81, Mrs. Black alone witnessed Voldermort trying to kill Snape, who survived the killing curse. Voldermort then used various binding spells, to keep Snape’s silence of the half prophecy, and unknowingly giving Snape some of his powers and gifts.
- Voldermort does not know Snape is his son before 1979 (if at all, before the final battle of the story) when raping married pure-blood Molly Weasley, and married mud-blood, but powerful, Lily Potter, in a last attempt to sire an heir. Why does he want or need an heir? You decide.
- Harry and Ron are born at the exact same time July 31st. By old magic standards they too are half-twins.
- Sirius furious at what he now knows about Snape, and furious too at Dumbledore for never turning Voldermort’s son in, heatedly tells Arthur Weasely about it - in a supposedly empty room - only to be shocked when Arthur reveals to Sirius that his godson Harry is a son of Voldermort, as well as Molly’s son Ron.
- Snape, Harry, and Ron, are Voldemort’s only heirs. All three look themselves, with no glamour spells ever put on them. They all took after grandparents on their mothers side, yes even Harry. Who’s to say James didn’t look similar to a grandparent of Lily’s, but was not related.
So there is my challenge. Snape and Black becoming friends, Harry getting a sibling his age. Ron having to deal with being adopted, what younger sibling has never been teased about that? And Snape is the one who kills Voldemort.
NOTE: describe the raping with very little detail.
, Snape and Harry (required)