Histories Regrets by Hephzibah06
- Write a 5th year story where Black learns what it means to be the DADA teacher to cheeky students, and grade paper work.
- Lupin is subbing for Hagrid.
- Harry, after a late insightful Occlumency lesson with Professor Snape heads down to Hagrid/Lupins hut for a dinner visit.
- Lupin and Black meet Harry halfway at the Whomping Willow.
- That night is the 20th anniversary of the Werewolf prank done to Professor Snape.
- Black, Lupin, and Harry see a ghost-like James hefting a blooded 15 year old Severus out from under the willow tunnel.
- Ghost James at a loss, tries to spell young Severus somewhere safe. Accidentally sending young Severus to Harry’s time.
- While unable to close the wound, Black, Lupin, and Harry all brush up against young Severus while taking him up to the castle.
- Dumbledore informs them that because of this physical contact one of them must always be within sight of young Severus until healed, otherwise the injured boy could be pulled ether ‘between time’ or permanently anchored in the present.
- Also, to send Severus back he must trust in someone.
- Professor Snape has disappeared.
- Students and parents too begin disappearing. Having ‘died’ before Voldemort was vanquished.
- Severus’ wound takes a long time to heal. Slowly he becomes friendlier to Black, Lupin and Harry (who he keeps mistakenly calling James). Although his trust they fear they might never get.
- Harry alone notices something not quite ‘true’ about Severus but he can’t quite name what.
- Severus receives a visit from Dumbledore and asks what will happen to the Marauders for pulling such a dangerous prank when he goes back. Dumbledore won’t tell, and gets a forced promise out of Severus not to tell anyone about Lupin. This visit happens on Remus’ watch.
- Harry and Severus visit Hogsmeade. Towards evening Severus tries to break away from Harry, and the two get caught by death-eater members.
- While being marched through some shadowy woods, Harry is startled when he notices Severus has switched their appearances’ with a complicated glamour spell. Plus given Harry a bad stutter as well.
- Severus, looking like ‘Harry’ talks Voldemort out of killing him and Snape’s ‘nephew’ by pledging his allegiance to obey Voldemort and take the mark, which has a two part spell to it.
- Harry watches as total fear and pain crosses Severus’ young glamoured face, as Voldemort himself draws the skull-snake tattoo on his arm.
- The order of the Phoenix rescues the two before the second part spell can be placed.
- Back at Hogwarts Severus simply refuses to look or talk to the three.
- Dumbledore visits, and sizing up the situation, throws an invisible spell over Black, Lupin, and Harry. Then putting a spell on Severus to forget they are in the room.
- Dumbledore talks for awhile, before asking Severus what he might do to ‘have’ Severus’ trust and willingness to return to his own time. Severus’ reply is ‘nothing’.
- Dumbledore then offers a small 100 year aged bottle of Complete Health Restoration. Which also requires an incantation. As well as Severus removing his glamour’s and robes.
- Severus, doesn’t move for a full ten minutes, before finally agreeing by silently taking off his clothes, glamour’s and laying on a bed.
- Black, Lupin, and Harry barely keep their silence as they lay eyes on Severus’ crippled left side. With a discolored blind eye. Badly bruised ear. Repeatedly broken arm. Repeatedly broken leg, and multiple belt buckle scars crisscrossing his back.
- Much later, after young Severus has gone back to his own time, and all others have reappeared, Harry asks Professor Snape why he took the dark mark a second time. Snape removes a complicated glamour off his left forearm to reveal a long, wide, thin metal cuff, branded with the mark instead.
Well this challenge is definitely more of a story outline. But that is all it will ever be unless one of you great authors decides to pick it up!
Bonus Points for little or no swearing.
, Snape and Harry (required)