Tuck Everlasting? by Hephzibah06
- Almost a 1000 years ago Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Helga Hufflepuff, four brilliant, but foolish 15 year olds, drink unknowingly from a magic stream. Thus, never aging outwardly, any older then 15, nor ever able to be injured.
- Immediately after quenching their thirst the stream disappears.
- They very quickly learn to glamour their age 1 year older, every year.
- Slytherin and Ravenclaw marry at twenty.
- Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are good friends, but marry other spouses.
- The four founders have families, although thankfully the children are not immortal like both or one of their parents.
- At 125 years of age Slytherin wants to leave the school and get a quiet divorce from Ravenclaw. Why he wants to leave the school and Rowena is for you to decide. Although I would really prefer that he not divorce his wife for cheating or for doing the cheating.
- Throughout the decades and centuries the founders ‘die’ and take up new identities. Sometimes they de-age themselves to the age of 9, and get magically adopted into a wizard family. Where they look like the wizard family who willingly adopted them, assuming them to be a real kid.
- In the present day, Harry’s 5th, 6th, or 7th summer, Harry is out on a very hot day, and sees a new man-made stream (or fountain) running through the park. Upon drinking from it he soon feels strange and worries when it then disappears.
- Harry, back in his room, at the Dursley’s or living at 12 Grimmauld Place, unknowingly writes a help letter to Rowena Ravenclaw. Who comes to enlighten Harry that he now is immortal like she and some others.
- Ravenclaw’s current ‘new identity’, for many years now, is Professor McGonagall OR Hermione Granger. You decide which one.
- Now who are the other ‘disguised’ founders? Teachers OR students?
- Actually, to make this even more interesting have James Potter also be an immortal. Although whether he is one of the founders or just someone like Harry, who drank from the stream as a teen, is for you to decide.
- Was Kingsley Shacklebolt around during the 1st Voldemort war? If not maybe his image could be James glamour. Also, I will allow amnesia to explain why James didn’t raise Harry if need be.
- Voldemort, hears about the small group of immortals, and captures either Salazar Slytherin OR Godric Gryffindor. Whom he succeeds in possessing for a time.
- The three remaining founders, and the Order of the Phoenix go to rescue their possessed friend, unaware that on this day/night their 1000 anniversary of drinking from the stream all those years ago that they once again CAN be injured.
- The possessed founder is badly hurt, and Voldemort, while trying to escape in spirit form is finally destroyed.
- Lastly decide whether Harry now has to live a 1000 years before he CAN naturally get older again, OR was a second way found before they went off to kill Voldemort.
The point of this challenge is to keep mostly in character whomever you choose to be the founders of long ago. Thus, if you decide Hermione is Rowena Ravenclaw KEEP Hermione’s personality intact. Giving some of the main characters an OLD history was to give them added wisdom, experience, power, and a chance to be allowed to act a little differently. I wouldn’t mind seeing a less moody Ron Weasley as Gryffindor OR Slytherin. Or if Albus Dumbledore is a founder that would explain why he can move so fast when pressed to be somewhere in a hurry.
NOTE: Women can only be Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. Men can only be Slytherin or Gryffindor.
Characters: Snape and Harry (required)